I’m so nearly done with my PhD. The thesis has been submitted and I’m waiting to organise my viva. It is such a relief to not be working on my thesis anymore. I’m still pretty busy with other things but my head is feeling much clearer and I’ve managed to start a few new projects and put some hours into others. I’ve even started a couple of draft blog posts. I’m hoping to get back to a more regular posting schedule.
One other thing I’m planning on doing is to participate in the ‘tips and tutorials’ link party that Yvonne from quiltingjetgirl and Stephanie from Late Night Quilter are hosting. My posts are definitely going to fall into the tips category but knowledge is a good thing so I’ll put them out there anyway.
September was pretty sparse with crafting time, I pretty much only knitted so heres my works in progress:
- Socks – The new pattern was considerably better and i’m 3/4 of the way through the second sock
- EPP Cushion – One diamond was added
- Fringed Handbag – No Progress
- Bead Embroidery Purse – I did a couple of hours work on this at social beading group
- Learning Curve Sampler Quilt – No Progress
- A lacy scarf – I ended up restarting this scarf as it is knit in the round and had two twists in it. I’m now on my second ball of wool (again)
- Weaving – I started a new piece in order to make a tablet case
- Beaded chainmaille necklace – I just started this but its beautiful
And finished objects:
- Oven gloves – I finally got round to sorting the binding and they’ve been in use for a couple of weeks.
- A beaded necklace – I made the most of some time off to finally make up a necklace that I’d bought supplies for back at Easter.
- I did some bead stringing and used some gorgeous lampwork beads I’ve owned for 10+ years. Hopefully now I will actually wear them.
I’m feeling a bit more inspired at the moment and I’m trying to make the most of my free time, so hopefully you’ll be seeing more of me.