A finish at long last

 

cof
My completed ‘Wrong’ cross-stitch

I finished this cross stitch. Finally, it felt like I was working on it for ages. While I did like the process, I think I might stick to smaller projects in the future. In fairness I think I finished it quite quickly but because I’ve had so many long term projects on the go, everything has felt quite slow. Maybe I just need to stagger things a little more.

Progress Shots 

I showed you my planning before. But pretty much every time I started a motif I went and looked at what I’d decided and changed the colours a little. I actually cut down the number of colours I was planning on using quite a bit. For instance all the leaves are more or less done in the same colour which wasn’t the original plan. I just felt it need some cohesion as I was going along. I worked symmetrically adding one colour at a time, which meant I could change colours as I was going along.

The finished object and the plan

How I chose different colour combos

Most of the time I knew straight away which colour combos I was going to use, but when I didn’t my deciding goes like this. Put it next to the area its going and take a picture. Looking at the pattern through the screen, changes it a little and distances you. I find it much easier to tell what looks better after having taken the pictures. In general I’m pretty happy with the colour choices. I’m not entirely convinced by the pale pink but not sure what else would go there, so for now it stays.

Front and Back

I always think that my cross stitch is a pretty good analogy for my life in general. From the front, it looks pretty perfect (Even if I do say so myself – and yes I know I still been to iron off the markings ect) and the back is mildly chaotic. I’ve never been some one who could align all my stitches perfectly on the back as well as the front. However as it doesn’t seem to stop me making it look lovely or (as far as I know) make it any harder, things are unlikely to change. I’m also not really a finisher, which is why it’s on my shelf and still hasn’t had the markings ironed off.

cof
With my other treasures 

 

Advertisements

June 2017

I’m pretty sure I have no change on the list this month, I’ve done loads on both cross stitches though, so hopefully they might be done this month. It is actually a bit frustrating not to have many finishes so hopefully I’ll get one or two this month.

Anyway, here goes:

  1. Fingerless Gloves – A couple of extra rounds
  2. Fringed Handbag – No change
  3. Bead Embroidery Purse -No change
  4. Learning Curve Sampler Quilt – No change
  5. Shoulder heat packs – 2 cut out
  6. Lip balm cozies – No change
  7. Wire wrapped seaglass necklace -No change
  8. EPP pillow case – No change
  9. A peyote stitch beaded case for business cards – I did a little more
  10. A knitted scarf with beads – Added a few more rows
  11. The wrong cross stitch
  12. The right cross stitch

Finishes this month include:

  1. A shoulder heat pack – I finally did the hand sewing and gifted it.
  2. Curtains – Actually all I did was sew a tube on some fabrics I owned, in order to fit a tension rod through. I’m trying to keep the pieces as whole as possible, so when I move I could reuse the fabric