I’ve been making Christmas cards for a few years now and I really enjoy the process. I have a few tricks to make it an easy and enjoyable task:
- I only make a few, typically around 20 and my list is ordered by importance so if I dont make as many that year then some people can get shop bought ones
- I try and start early i.e. September
- I look for patterns that require materials I already have.
- About half are a simple pattern that can be repeated in different combinations (I have a tree template that gets cracked out every year)
- I try and pick patterns that require a little prep and then I can complete in the evenings while watching tv
- I add in some more complicated patterns to keep it interesting
- It’s absolutely ok if they look handmade. They are
And for the moment this works for me.